India General Info
Tourism by State
Tourism by City
Follow Us On
India > Culture
India, the world's second most populous democracy, officially titled the Republic of India, divided into thousands of socially exclusive castes and religious, so we can say Indian culture as diverse culture.
India is a country of Hinduism. More than 80 percent of people are follows Hinduism. The rest 20% of followers are of Buddhism, Jainism, Islam, Sikhism, Christianity and pareses. There are, no doubt, different factions, sections and sub-section but basically we all believe in the theory of Dharma and Karma, The theory of rebirth, purification of soul, salvation, Heaven and Hell.
Indian Society: India is a country where more then 70 percent of people lives in villages and rest 30 percent lives in town or big cities. So, there are huge differences between village and town societies.
In case of rural residents agriculture is the main way to earn. In villages, mud-plastered walls ornâmented with tráditional designs, dusty lanes, herds of grazing cattle, and the songs of birds at sunset provide typical settings for the social lives of most Indians.
Arts of India
The department of culture in the ministry of human resource development plays a vital role in the preservation, promotion, and disšemination of art and culture. The aim of the development is to develop ways and means by which the basic cultural and âesthetic values and perceptions remain active and dynamic among the people.
Languages of India
Traditionally, Indian peoples are divided into thousands of linguistic groups. Among these only 22 regional dialects are accepted as official language. In the field of private and government sectors English is mainly uses as written language. For spoken dialects Hindi is the main language in India. Near about 40% of population use this language as prime spoken dialect.
Some other popular spoken languages of India are Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati and many more. A person of urban areas in India knows less or more English and it also accepted as co-official language along with state official (regional) language. Besides of these languages, there have also thousands of regional languages in India.
Today, Sport becomes one of the best vital parts of entertainment with the help of electronics media. India prefers Hockey as the national sports but cricket is the most popular sport in the country. Beside of these some more sports like football, tennis, table tennis, kho kho, Kabaddi, etc are also played by the Indians.
Today Cricket is the most popular game by the people in India. The world cup Cricket of 2011 is extremely remarkable for Indian people. As, Indian cricket team became champion in this world Cup. Sachin tendulkâr is the most legendary cricketer of India. Cricket experts declared Sáchin as the best cricketer of the modern cricket.
Indian foods and Clothings
Rice is the main foods of India. Most of Indian likes to take rice (locally called Annya, Chawol, Vaat) with a curry (mutton, chicken or fish), Sabji, Dal etc. Indian historical period was largely influenced by several outer powers like, Afghanistan, Kabul, Pakistan, British, etc. These ancient people came to India with their traditional cultures including the cuisine policies which make Indian cuisine very rich. You will find here every type of foods which famous across the world like Chinese, Mughlai, Italian, etc.
You can easily identify an Indian by their typical dress code. Usually, women dress up with traditional Sari and a man uses dhoti or Lungi as their dress. In the case of official work, Indians prefer Pant & Shirts and female prefer Salwar Kameez. Besides of these traditional clothing, Indian garment companies provides lots of stylish clothing's for ladies like, two-part, mini-scout, Frogh, European-style trousers.
Print media (news paper, magazine, articles, and journals) also very powerful to communicate news, current affairs, historical articles, tourism news, etc. You will get lots of national and regional newspapers here. Some major newspapers which are found every where in India are Times of India, Telegraph, etc. And some major regional newspapers of the country are Ananda Bazar Patrica, Dainic Vaskar, etc. There have also several important monthly magazine in India.
Religions and Cast :
Arts of India :