We all want to escape from the extreme chaos in our daily lives that might be either from the professional type or due to location. Spending time amidst the greenery with an abundance of serenity is what we mostly crave for. West Bengal definitely hosts a lot of such locations but one of such wonderful peaceful location is Taki. This can be a great weekend destination for the people. It is located on the borders where you can find the infamous Ichamati River flowing and can simply sit on the banks and rest on the lap of nature.
Irrespective of being solo travelers or moving out in groups, Taki is always blissful for everyone. It is situated in Bashirhat district in 24 Parganas North invites lots of tourists. Mostly the people who are bored of the metro life and want to breathe fresh air visits this destination in their weekends. Unlike other destination, it might not offer a long list of destination, but you can stay assured that sitting on the banks will pass your time in the blink of an eye.
Not a bunch, but still this place offers some sightseeing to the tourists.
Ichamati River is one of the most popular destinations of Taki where you can meet the people of Bangladesh. Generally, tourists from both countries go for a boat ride in order to have a rough look at the other countries and also to enjoy the serenity. Other than this, the ruins of the Zamindar house can be seen. You can also get a view if the Kuleshwari Kali Temple, Ramakrishna Missions, Galpatar jungle, Jora Shib Mandir that dates back to 300 years and the Adi Bari of General Shankar Roychowdhury.
If you want to troll the nearby destination of Taki, you also have some of the great options. You can also find mini Sunderbans which consists of Golpata and Sundari trees which are created by the municipality of this place.
- Since this place is located at close proximity to its neighboring nation Bangladesh, one of the prime activities availed by the people us opting for a boat ride in the Ichamoti Rivers. This is something that you definitely cannot afford to miss out on.
- Other than this, you can go for the other side towards Machranga Island, which is another great thing to find.
- Next is the Golpatar Jungle available in this place which can be visited by hiring a can. This place has a great path walk to go inside the jungle where the pathway is surrounded by canopy jungle. Just a piece of information, you need to carry an identity proof as the Jungle is maintained by BSF and only a valid ID proof will let you in.
Well, you will mostly find the place to be filled with tourists but even then it is recommended to go in the winters. Not only nature is at its best during this part of the year, but you can also get the taste of original jiggery here. Other than winters, the place glows with shine and beauty of Goddess Durga. Especially on the last day of Durga Puja when the idol of Durga is being immersed is something worth watching. During this event occurring in Taki, you will be amazed to find the event where both the countries immerse the idol on Ichamati water.
- There are several trains ruing from Kolkata. Hasnabad Local train which is running from Sealdah can help you to reach the Taki station which will make a maximum of 2 hours. Once you reach there, you can get the cycle vans that will reach you to the hotels which are located on River Ichamati banks within just 10 minutes.
- Other than this, if you are moving personally with your family, you can always take your car which will take 3.5 hours to reach the place. Buses are also available from Esplanade which will take you to the destination.
Undoubtedly the place is filled with amazingness, but you should know that the food served there are also delicious and has its own taste to it. The delicacies here will leave your taste buds to crave for it even when you reach back to your home. Don’t forget to taste the fished like Prawn, Rohu, Hilsha, Pabda and Parshe here.
So if you are willing to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of your metro life, plan a short trip to Taki. The serenity of this place is its uniqueness. You will feel the freshness in the air and beautiful silence of the night sky. Get your tickets booked today and live sometimes out of the busy schedule to rejuvenate your mind.